Monday, August 1, 2016

It's time to get SERIOUS!

Okay, y'all.  So I'm officially trying to make this blog workout.  Flex the ol' blog muscle, if you will.  ...or maybe not?  That sounds super weird.  Okay, anyway, I'm going to get serious about this blog and I'm going to try to make it work for me while I work for you!

I want to share my thoughts, ideas, tips, tricks, recipes, patterns, you name it!  I want this to be a place for you to come and interact and be a real community: friends and neighbors just doing our thang!  No?  That didn't work, did it?  But anyway, a place where you can come and relax and hopefully get some good information and inspiration, or at least a little laugh!  

So let me introduce myself (again).  




I'm Elise, I live on a cattle ranch in Southern Missouri, with my husband and our beautiful son.  We run a cow/calf pair operation and both work full-time "in town".  We have a passion for the outdoors and leaving it just the way we found it, if not better.  We love to fish and are blessed to live in such a great area for it!  We're surrounded by water and try to get to the river at least once a month for some serious trout fishing fun!  (There just aren't many things better than a day spent on the river with family!)  I have a quiet passion for crochet and crafting, and I'm trying to make this a bigger part of my day-to-day!  It's something I truly enjoy more than I ever dreamed I would, and I have decided to go all-in and make this fantasy a reality!  (FYI, the adorable hat I'm wearing is a pattern by the wonderful, Jessica from The Hook Nook; check her out!)

I struggled to find a good hobby for years, (see <basically> all of my previous blog posts, ha) and I finally did when I YouTube'd "learn to crochet" and watched every video it provided!  It's super amazing to see a ball of yarn turn into a beanie, or a dish rag (check out this link... Alexis and her blog, Persia Lou, are super duper amazing and I made her Color Block Washcloth pattern for a friend's housewarming; see a picture below), or a gorgeous shawl, and I can't wait to share this art with you!  I hope you learn something either about yourself or your skill each time you visit my blog!  

That being said, WELCOME, FRIENDS!!!  I appreciate you stopping by and I hope to see you again very soon!  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment