Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Whirlwind week... or two!

Well, it's been a little bit since I've blogged, but not because I haven't thought about it!  I just haven't had the time or motivation, sadly.  

Two weeks ago, I had Mohs Surgery in Springfield to remove a basal cell carcinoma from my forehead.  (Don't burn... just don't.  Actually, it's probably too late for you, but don't let your kids burn... just don't.)  It was at my hairline on the right side, and barely noticeable!  Luckily the doctor was able to remove it all with just one layer and 15 sutures later I was on my way to Jo-Ann where I bought my weight in fun new yarn and Susan Bates hooks (love!)!  Then it was off to Chick-Fil-A and I was headed home!  About an hour into the two hour drive home, the local anesthetic wore off and I had to stop and get some ibuprofen... holy headache!  

It was NOT a fun week that followed... it HURT.  Thursday I went to my local doctor to get the sutures out and I was thinking the incision might be infected because of the pain and it was a little swollen on one end.  He said he thought I would be better off going back to Springfield for the sutures (they used clear sutures and he was afraid he might miss one; they were SUPER hard to see... like impossible, actually!).  So Friday I went back to Springfield where they told me it probably wasn't infected because it didn't seem to hurt bad enough and removed the sutures!  I went to Target and got Ikey some of the cutest clothes, then hit Starbucks for a Green Tea Latte (no... FYI), and then on to Michael's where I scored a couple of Caron Cakes (O. M. G!!! ...and with a 50% off coupon for one of them; heck yes!) and then it was another two hour drive back to the office!  

Saturday morning I woke up to an oozing incision site and ...well, I'll just say it was definitely infected.  I called the 24 hour number and the PA sent me in a prescription for an antibiotic.  Everything seems to be all good now, thankfully!  The incision is still pink, but it's hardly noticeable unless you know it's there!  

I'm definitely regretting all those tanning bed appointments and the blatant refusal to apply any form of UV protection... needless to say, none of us leave the house without our mineral sunscreen these days!  

Over the weekend, we went to some "new" neighbors for burgers!  These are easily the coolest people I've met.  They have done so much!  I love how much they have experienced and I hope one day we can do things like that with Ikey!  They have a freakin' GRIZZLY BEAR on the wall for cryin' out loud!  SO amazing.  They also have a 230lb English Mastiff that adored Ike and let him waller all over him!  I wanted to get a picture, but didn't want to be weird so I played it cool.  TOTAL REGRET!  I NEED A PIC OF IKEY WITH THAT DOG!  Next visit I will shamelessly pose them for a photo.  

I made my niece a puff stitch beanie (see previous post for link to the most fabulous pattern ever, by The Hook Nook) and I used Adriafil yarn's StellaJacq!  IT WORKED UP INCREDIBLY!  And it's soooo squishy!  I'm going to mail it to her soon, but I'm building them a jar of Missouri to send with it!  Think: river rocks, ear tags, fishing lures, etc!  FUN!  

We also had a few sick days before my surgery... Ike had bronchitis (again).  I'm convinced it's related to his teeth.  He popped a tooth through and his congestion was gone as quickly as it came.  So weird...

Anywho, that pretty much catches you up!  ;)  Oh, have any of you tried Tunisian Crochet?  I have a hook for it, and started messing with a swatch, but it's so tight.  I read it's best to use a hook that's a couple of sizes bigger than gauge, so that could be the issue!  It's super pretty, though!  



No comments:

Post a Comment