Saturday, August 15, 2015

A short, sweet, and to the point blog about beef.

Earlier I was perusing "the instagram" and I broke my only rule for the app; "do not take anything that anyone says personally." Nothing like a hater post from a "vegan" to get my blood pressure up on a Saturday morning! That being said, let it be known that I am EXTREMELY proud of my roots, of our family, of our farm, and what we do for the economy, and the beef we provide for those who choose to buy it.
I understand it is your choice not to eat meat. I don't understand why you think it's some great tragedy to eat beef or anything else for that matter. If we don't use them as nourishment, then what purpose do they serve? They cannot survive on their own, especially not with your cities and your pollution.
No, so you eat your grass clippings and supplement them with "organic" protein powders and I'll eat my grass fed beef, and the world will keep turning just like it always has. But please don't lay judgment or call farmers "inhumane".  The real inhumanity would be letting the species die out because we have no use for them. You say, #HugACow, well I say, #IDareYou.
<mic drop>

No comments:

Post a Comment